Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Hard Lesson

About 3 weeks ago I developed a small cough. I tried treating it with home remedies but nothing worked. I was getting no sleep due to the cough. I have been this way my whole life. If I get little or no sleep I will get sick. I gave the home remedies too long and by the time I called the doctor I was pretty bad off. High fevers a couple of times a day and a cough that was horrible. All the while Tracey is pleading with me to cut back at work but right now there are 100 things to fix and due to lack of experience of my new office teams noone knows what I would do to fix it. And no one wants to make a decision without first running it by me. So therefore I am in meeting after meeting with groups of people. Trying to mentor my AP and my counselor..take care of my new teachers..and experienced teachers and get everything back on track. Meanwhile, I have a group of parents that DEMAND to speak with me on a regular basis it seems because of their concerns. They are mostly from the same grade level and the principal that these parents came from warned me but holy crap. GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL!!! They want to live in a smaller community with affordable housing but they demand HIGHLAND PARK type education.

Highland Park is where the PARENTS of a school did not think that the teachers salary raises were high enough so they raised over A MILLION DOLLARS and gave it to the district to raise salaries.

My school is a very good school. We have some great things going on and great kids. We are a Title ONE school. What this means is because our free and reduced lunch percentage is over 40% we get extra federal money to do special programs and provide extra materials for our teachers and students to use.

I have a couple of parents that are very concerned because they moved into the area and now their children are having problems that they have never had before and they think it's because of "those Title One Kids".

What a DUMP statement. Because a kid is poor you think he is a bad influence? Have you ever heard of a kid from a wealthy homelife who is just an ASS!! Hell yes they are everywhere.

Money does not make the difference in how a kid behaves. It is how involved the parents or family are in their upbringing .

So I got that going on with all of this nagging cough and fever stuff.

So Tracey and I go to the doctor and I get a chest x-ray. They tell me everything looks good but the radiologist will look at it and they will give me a call when they know something. Well Friday comes and we have Ram for a Night (previous blog) to go to and I feel like royal dog pooh. I have fever...coughing...hacking up crap...it aint pretty folks.

We get a call Friday afternoon from the doctors office that the radiologist sees something in two spots and will get with me the early part of next week )that's this week) to come in and have a CT scan. I call Monday morning and they want me to come in immediately (not a good sign). So I go in have the CT scan and the results are that I have to admitted into the hospital immediately. So by Monday afternoon I am sitting in the hospital room.

More to come.

No comments: