Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Was that a SWAT Helecopter That Just Flew Over?

As I mentioned before when I was growing up from the time I was born until I was in 5th grade my mom was a stay at home mom. To make extra money my dad did extra jobs with a buddy of his. Eventually they went in together and began building houses together and selling them. My dad took those profits and began building small houses (1000sq. ft.) and renting them. Mom and Dad built up quite a little empire and those houses paid for not only my sister’s education but mine as well.

The FUN part was they were not exactly in the best neighborhoods. It was nothing for building materials to “walk off” in the middle of the night. You live and you learn. My dad started having stuff delivered THE DAY he was putting it on the house. When we sheet rocked he literally took it out of the back of his truck and we carried to the room we would sheet rock and put it on the wall.

On day we were putting siding on the house. I remember I was 13 or 14 years old. I was now getting big enough and strong enough to actually do something other than clean. As we were working I noticed a police car turn off of the main road onto the road that we were building on. The road we were on my dad built 3 houses on and I noticed the police car was turning on the road that ran into ours. My dad had 2 houses on that street.

Dad said nothing and kept going so I did as well. Then a second police car fly’s by. Dad kept going. The third came by. Dad did nothing. When the POLICE HELICOPTER flew over I could not keep my mouth shut. I asked my dad…you think we ought to get out of here? Dad said, why? My thought was …. Oh I don’t know dad….Maybe the SWAT HELICOPTER was a clue.

Then you hear these words that always let you know here is a couple that truly love one another…. “THAT’S RIGHT PIGS!!! COME IN AND I WILL KILL HER!

Dad – Um…maybe we should take a break and go get a burger.

SOUNDS GREAT DAD!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm sorry you had to hear me say that to the po-po's