Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh you have got to be JOKING!!

Okay if you have a pet you will understand this.

We have 3 dogs.

Lilly- 11 years old- Miniature Dachshund
Max- 9 years old- Miniature Dachshund
Maggie 2 years old- Rodesian Ridge Back- Big Dog- 85 pounds. Loves her home and
God help the poor bastard that trys to enter that she does not
know.

Anyway,when we leave for the day we gate the dogs to a certain part of the house. They have access to one living area and one smaller living area that we use as an office. The dogs have access to a doggy door to go outside if they want or they can lounge in the house on cold or hot days and if they want they can take a nap in their pen's where they sleep at night.

I think they have it pretty good.

With all of this rain we have had we have a few muddy spots in our back yard. I came home the other day and there was muddy paw prints all over the floor. This I expected and it is rather easy to clean. You just have to mop the floor. We have wood floors for one of these exact reasons. But in addition to this they climbed up on the coach. The couch is leather but all over the leather couch was muddy paw prints.

I was not happy about that. I got all three of them together and I told them that this was not acceptable and if they had muddy feet to not get on the couch. I know you are giggling at me but they do UNDERSTAND.

So the next morning comes and it is still muddy outside. As I am letting them out for the day before I leave I remind all three of them (Really 2 of them..Lilly is too short in the pants to get on the couch) about not getting on the couch.

I come home that afternoon and I immediately look at the couch. No dogs are greating me at the door.....not a good sign. They are hanging in the back of the backyard.

The COUCH!- There is nothing on it! The dogs did it! AWESO....oh YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

In the corner I see one of our pumkins from Thanksgiving decorations....let me restate that...what USED to be a pumkin. The pumkin met a very violent and grissly death that day.

Well they did what I said...they stayed off the couch but I said nothing about chewing crap up!

So now who did it?!?!?

I opened the door and in rushes LILLY and MAX- Okay they are innocent

Where is Maggie- MMMMAAAAGGGIIIIEEEEE...I call. She peers around the corner looking me .....ummm you called? was the look I got.

Come on girl I am not mad get in the house!

She walks in but when she gets to the room that locates the scene of the crime she stops. She won't move an inch.

She even plastered to the floor so I could not move her. Finally she got up and I was able to convince her that she was not in trouble.

Lost one pumpkin...but the couch is clean.

3 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

We looked at a dog yesterday. My wife really wants one. Do your kids enjoy the dogs or give them attention?

Anonymous said...

Oh...yeah the kids love the dogs! Especially Maggie because she is larger and they can lay on her. She LOVES the kids. She just lays in the floor and lets them pet her and rub on her.

The weeny dogs we are more careful with them just because they are older .

Huffdaddy

Unknown said...

MAN, I have one or 2 perfect for you