Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flying Trash Magnet

My car has become a flying crap magnet! I spend probably a total of an hour and a half to two hours on the highway a day. Grand total of about 55 miles a day round trip. With my new position I drive probably an additional 10 miles running from school to school. Not every day but most days.

It seems over the last month as I am traveling on the road my car has become a magnet for flying crap to land on or hit and fly by. For instance:

1. I was driving down the highway last week and a truck that was ahead of me and in another lane hit something in the road and it kicked up ….flew OVER the car in front of me and it my car right on the passenger headlight. HARD! So hard that I was convinced I just got my front head light busted out. When I got to work I looked over my car and it (whatever it was…it looked like chunks of concrete) did not bust out my headlight but it scraped the paint pretty good- to the point that it was down to the medal in two parts. I might be able to buff out most of the scratches but the two biggies are there to stay.

2. I got out of my car yesterday and noticed I have a noticeable white scuff mark on the passenger side mirror. I don’t know if this is from a different instance or more damage from the flying chunk of mystery material from last week.

3. Today, I am traveling to another campus and the road is made up of very small gravel. The speed limit is 25 miles an hour. I get to the stop sign and stop. I start to go and I see a county sheriff is behind me. No big deal. He then TAKES OFF from the stop sign. He passes me (ON A ONE LANE ROAD) and as he is passing me here comes another car coming down the road……DECISION TIME!!! This sheriff’s car is a Dodge Charger. V8 Hemi engine. He has many horse power and he FLOORS IT to get past me….not hard considering I have 4 cylinder Camry . As he passes me he hits the gravel and yes…SPRAYS IT ALL OVER MY CAR!!!

I am not going to say what I said but I had some choice words for ROSCOE P. COLETRAIN!!!

Sure enough I got to where I was going and there I had some marks on the grill of my car from the sheriff.

I would not mind this if he were going to an emergency as bad but come to find out I was just moving slowly when he was breaking the law and needed to get passed me so he could go HOME!!!

I have had my car for 2 and ½ years. I like to keep my cars looking nice. I only have 40K on it and I would like to keep it until at least 100K….The engine will make it…the body may be beat all to you what by the time I get there.

So if you hit crap in the road would you please quit hitting me!!!!

3 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

My wife put about a 12 inch scratch down the side of hers loading a Christmas tree for school. Next time I see you I can do a few quick buffs on any scratches. No charge since you usually are my designated driver. Unless you go out early and strand me.

TheMAN

Mo said...

Call Boss Hogg (I mean Chief Rhodes) and he'll take care of you. hehehe

I have lots of damage from making that same drive daily.

Unknown said...

as goober on andy would have said..citizens arrest, citizens arrest