Monday, December 15, 2008

Bringing Grandpa Home

With all of the stories about my grandfather Jdhteach sounding kind of bad I thought I needed to throw in a different one. I don’t remember the exact year but I think it was the late 80’s. Grandpa had open heart surgery and we were picking him up from the hospital and he was coming home to live with us for a while so that he could fully recoup. We were on our way home and Grandpa was clearly still uncomfortable.

Coming home Dad hit a bad patch in the road and it was very rough. Clearly this was hurting Grandpa. When my dad got off the road my grandfather had this to say.

“ I think I saw one or two pot holes on the right that you missed if you want to go back and try and hit them.”

I started laughing…couldn’t help it. My dad never said a word and just kept driving. Probably was best.

No comments: