Thursday, January 1, 2009

Well It Almost That Time

Well it is almost time to go back to work. We still have a few days. So what am I going to do while Tracey is putting away Christmas?

In July we had our hotwater heater go out. It caused water damage in one of our living rooms. We fixed all of the damaged to the walls and the hardwoods. One of the bathrooms off of this living room was damaged. We got the flooring out but that is all we did. Since July this bathroom has been closed off.

We were planning on remodeling this little half bath this summer. It is in need of updating.

So I finally have pretty good energy and am ready to take on some good manual labor. Over this weekend here is what I plan on tackling.

1. Take out all electrical.
2. Take out the toilet. _Put towell in hole
3. Rip out the countertops and cabnet.
4. Start getting the wallpaper out. Hopefully finish this.

What I plan on doing?
1. Texturing Wall- Once I take a Home Depot Class
2. Painting Walls- I am thinking a shade of in the tan or sand family
3. Tile Floor- Again something in the TAN or SAND family- Slight Contrast to the
wall but not too drastic. Again..need a class at Home Depot
4. Install Teardrop sink- With silver fosset- Not shiny but dull finish.
5.- Might need some help on some minor plumbing help from dad.
6. Install new toilet- Elongated.

My time frame is to have all of this done by the end of school.

I know this sounds like a long timeline but due to money constraints I am going to be doing alot of this by myself so it is weekends and nights.

Wish me luck. I will take pictures before during and after and post.

No comments: