Saturday, January 10, 2009

My First Basketball Game....As COACH

Today was our first game for Jack's 1st and 2nd grade team. I have to admit that going into the game I did not think we were going to do well. We had a big lay off with the holidays.

While there was definately some rust out there overall the boys did great.

I will only boast a little bit in that Jack was the best player out there for both teams. The boy knows what he is supposed to do with the ball and he definately used his size to his advantage. On more than one occassion he drove to the basket and the kid who was trying to guard him got too close and bounced off Jack like a rag doll. On one of Jacks baskets the kid ran into Jack....fell down...Jack stepped over him and made the bucket. The other team tried 3 different kids on Jack and none of them worked.

What did work was when I sat him out the next to last period. The other team got back into the game then and made a game of it.

I have to admit that I got into the game as well coaching the boys. I am an "active" coach I am finding.

We had fun! And we WON!!!

Tracey is helping me with the boys because I am the only one coaching my team. So she is helping with game day stuff and she helped at practice last week.

At the end of the game I told her..."THAT WAS FUN!" She just laughed and said...YOU WERE HILARIOUS!!!

So be checking out t-lady's blog because I am sure I am going to get it.

2 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

1 - 0 as a coach. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am pretty sure I am going to have a New England Patriots thing going on here.

Bellicheck.....will be right there with HUFFDADDY