Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things About Me

Things about me you may or may not care to know…..
1. I love my wife Tracey.
2. I have two kids that I will admit challenge my patience at times but I cannot DREAM of life without them.
3. A picture of my kids that Tracey gave me at the hospital I am convinced helped me get through my treatments.
4. I have been married to Tracey for 12 years this May and I cannot believe how fast it has gone bye.
5. I love to look at my daughter and marvel at how much she looks like her mother.
6. I am proud of how hard my son works ON HIS OWN to improve his reading.
7. I am anxious to see how handsome my son will be as a young man and how beautiful my daughter will be as a young woman.
8. I am not ashamed to admit that Tracey spoils me. I try to do it back but I am not as good at as she is.
9. I am going to be 38 in May and I still talk to my momma or daddy almost on a daily basis. Go ahead and make fun of me.
10. I have many friends but ONE LIFE LONG friend that I consider family. PPPOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!
11. For six weeks Pope visited me in the hospital at LEAST 3 times a week during his lunch break and ALWAYS brought me a paper. This sounds simple but I can never repay him for this kindness.
12. I am fortunate to work in a wonderful school district.
13. I am proud of the friendships I have in this district.
14. My parents seperated TWICE when I was growing up but never for very long and they never divorced. To this day I don’t know why they seperated and I have never asked them. Crazy? Maybe but maybe I don’t want to know.
15. I still have my wedding picture in my office because I think Tracey looks STUNNING in the photo.
16. I can honestly say after facing cancer I am a better husband, father, and son.
17. I really enjoy sitting outside and letting the wind hit my face as I close my eyes and listen to the sounds of my neighborhood.
18. I love my home and love updating it. Tracey and I have at LEAST 10 years of projects we want to do. We have no intention of ever moving.
19. My dad is the head of our family. He can do anything! I hope I can fill his shoes one day.
20. I love watching my dad interact with his namesake..my son. He is built just like his PA!
21. I enjoy listening to all of the stories my dad has about my son. They see each other on a daily basis and both I know it is the highlight of their day.
22. I love the fact that I have a girly girl for a daughter but a girly girl that will kick your ass in soccer or karate in heartbeat.
23. I am proud of the athletic ability of my son. He may be just an early bloomer but he excels in 3 sports!
24. I love my wifes legs. She can still flex a calf muscle that you would not believe!!!!
25. I am proud of the fact that God has given me the strength to meet any challenge.

2 comments:

unt grad said...

I love you too.

MJP & SJP said...

Excellent list

If you start another list you could add was that you don't like guys named Ernie who are 49ers fans and live in New Mexico