Monday, September 1, 2008

Thank You Teachers

I have been in administration going on 6 years now. I love my job as a campus administrator. I love the challenge of building a great team and tweaking your schedule to get the most out of the kids. Having said that the past couple of weeks have almost killed me. At one point a thought back to the days when I was in the classroom and only had worry about MY classroom and not the entire school. The main source of my sleepless nights is figuring out where all of my 5th graders are coming from. As a campus I am about 50 kids higher than what was expected. More are on the way I am sure. After Labor Day we always seem to gain another 10 to 15. I might have to scrap my schedule entirely and start from ground zero and build it back up. I have tried patching it up but I have patched it so much that it does not seem to role smoothly. I know what you are saying....Just hire another teacher! Well it is not that easy. The district did not budget for this many new students so I am having to get REAL creative to get classes covered. Right now I have exactly 100 more students than my sister campus in the district. Can somebody PLEASE move in on the other side of town? I have 10 kids that moved over to our side of town this summer. We did not lose ONE kid to the other side of town. I don't get it. The other side of town is nice too!
The Score- 6th 176
5th 288 (What was in the water in 1998?)

I know the reason! Global Warming

I just want to thank all the teachers for rolling with the flow and making it through the first week. Congrats!

1 comment:

rottie4me said...

JDH~ I know you are trying to do what is best for kids. I'm thinking of you. ~EC