Friday, September 26, 2008

Some Years You Just Shake Your Heads

Okay we all know that I am in education. Some years you get a group of kids and AS A GROUP they just don't seem to get it. I have a grade level in my building that just does not understand or seem to care about following directions. One group...you tell them how to do something...model it...and they got it.

Then there is THIS group. Seriously, I am litterally walking them down the hall MYSELF between classes because if I don't they go NUTS in the hallway. Picture a kindergarten teacher walking down the hall. Walking backwards...slowly...with their hand in the air as a signal to pay attention to what they are doing. You have to stay on them EVERY minute because if you don't they lose it. Someone gets hit, tripped or falls down. We had a group of kids like this a few years ago. They are now sophmores in high school and are setting all kinds of records for stupidity.

Whats even more fun is when you get on them they are looking at you like
A. This is the first time they have ever heard of this rule you have called NO TALKING.
B. They seem confused by this thing called A F#$%KING LINE!!

They want to hang on one another constantly. And...they don't move. They just get in a big blob of kids and just stand. It's like herding cattle...and the whole time they are looking the same way they look at you when talking about example A.

So they don't like coming into the gym in the mornings because they have to come in and sit and not talk. So they get the bright idea that they are going to beat me and show up early so they can play out in front of the school.

So I show up earlier...now they are coming in an hour before school trying to beat me. So I keep getting there earlier and earlier. What about breakfast...I am hungry.....Breakfast starts in one hour. AN HOUR??? BUT I AM HUNGRY NOW....Well it sounds like you have a choice to make....STAY HOME AND COME TO SCHOOL CLOSER TO BREAKFAST or I SUGGEST YOU INVEST IN POP TARTS!

So today they show up at 7:15. The numbers are greatly reduced....(at least some of them are getting the point) I got to work at 7:00. So I was there waiting for them. You could see the WTF look in their face. Good Morning! Come into the gym. No talking and sit in your assigned line. As one kid passed he said...Man....how long are you gonna do this.....My answer...about 160 more days!

I love VICTORY!!!

No comments: