Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MJP and his Momma!

I am asking that everyone keep MJP's mother in your thoughts and prayers. His family just found out that her breast cancer has returned after many years. As I have mentioned before I grew up with MJP. He is the closest thing to a brother that I have. He is the Godfather to both of my children. My kids even call him and his wife aunt and uncle.

His mother is a saint. Growing up she worked in our school cafeteria all through elementary school. When she would see me come through the line she always gave me a little extra. During high school and college her house was ALWAYS open to us to hang out and watch TV or just listen to music. And cooking...oh my...her PIZZA!! None better. If we were over there watching a game she spent her whole time making sure we had everything we needed. Usually MJP would have to say..."MA...we are fine...have a seat and enjoy the game." This woman would not hurt a flea but at the same time she had the respect from us so that we would not want to get in trouble. Now MJP did that a few times on his own but that is another blog.

Throughout my sickness I would get cards from Mrs. MJP just letting me know that she was thinking of me. I got them when I was in the hospital and I would get them at home. It was nice to get cards just WHENEVER from her letting me know that I was in her prayers. Mrs. MJP has a shoe in heaven. This woman NEVER misses church. I figure if she is praying for me then God HAS to let me live. He does not want to make Mrs. MJP upset.

Mrs. MJP has kept track of me through MJP for quite some time. What is amazing is some times I will go a year or more without physically seeing her. But when I do we just start visiting like it has only been a few days. About 6 weeks ago I ran into her at the grocery store and we visited for over 30 minutes!

I know everyone probably has someone like this that they know and love. Please keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

KC said...

She's definitely added to mine. People like her remind everyone what the world is supposed to be like. We need her with us for a long time yet.

MJP & SJP said...

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. It means a lot and is much appreciated
-MJP

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with the MJP family.