Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just Tell It Like It Is

I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan. I am from Dallas and have lived here my entire life. When it comes to the Cowboys I am a realist. I am not one that is considered "a homer" if you will. There are times that I expect them to lose going into the game. This past week they played the Cleveland Browns. All I heard on the radio were predictions of a close game. Cleveland fans were all predicted the Browns to blow out the Cowboys. I have a friend in my district who is a big Browns fan. They predicted a big victory for the Browns. I just did not see it. I did not see how Cleveland could stop the Cowboys. Everyone pointed to their 10-6 record. They played ONE team with a winning record last year.

Well if you watched the game it was a kicking of the highest order. Romo grilled steaks waiting for his receivers to get open. They had NO ANSWER for the Cowboys. There were some timely drops by the Browns but overall that game was over at half.

So here comes Monday morning and I see my work buddy and I am ready for his excuses.

All he said was...." I got nothing man. Ya'll kicked our ends" "We are in for a long year."

Finally, a realist. It is refreshing to hear a fan from an opposing team admit they were wrong.

I still am swallowing crow from the paste job the Giants put on us last year on that Dark and Gloomy Day.

It could be worse...you could be a fan of the St. Louis Rams....anybody see that poop they put on the field? There were guys on that team I would not let on the plane coming home.

No comments: