Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Am I At A Turning Point In My Life?

Here lately I have noticed something about myself. I am spending less time playing video games. A few years ago I was spending too much time playing video games. They were my stress relief. I have noticed within the last 6 months I have just not cared to play anything. I first noticed this back in the late spring. But nothing really great was out so I just waited. I thought to myself that when NCAA Football and Madden come out I will be ready to go! NCAA came out and I did not finish one season and I was bored with it. It still is there ready for me to play my bowl game when I get around to it. I have not touched the game in over a month. But MADDEN that game has been my bread and butter since college. I get the game every year. I played one season and I have not picked it up on a regular basis in over two weeks. I started a new season and started to play the first game and shut it off. Bored! Heck my xbox360 died two weeks ago and I have not done a thing to get it fixed. In the past this was a TOP OF THE LIST. Now...ehhh I will get to it.

I just like to come home and hang with the kids and read stuff on the internet. There is a new STAR WARS game out. I will eventually pick that up but again in months past that would be something that would be in my possesion on release day.

The past month T-Lady and Jack have put in more time than I have with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones. But ThAT is another post

2 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

I'm with you there. I don't think I have bought a new game since Christmas. After working all day all I've wanted to do is come home, spend some time with SJP, watch some TV or read then hit the sack. We get our errands done on Saturday, watch a movie Saturday night then rest & some football on Sunday. All of a sudden it's Monday again.
-MJP

KC said...

It's sort of exciting that, as you get older, there's way too much going on to just focus on one thing in your free time. When you're in your late twenties and early thirties, you tend to focus on one thing at a time -- get obsessed about it, spend every free minute you have on it, and really enjoy whatever that hobby is. As you get older, your interests get a lot broader and your life does, too. Too many interesting people to spend time with and fun things to do. I love how the horizons just keep getting bigger the older I get.