Saturday, August 1, 2009

What is THAT all about?

It seems Caroline has entered a new phase. It's the "I am going to throw a huge fit when I leave Nanna's" phase. The first time it happened was when Tracey picked the kids up earlier this week. I called home that day to check and see how things were going and Tracey was just about in tears when she got through telling me about it. I had never seen Caroline do this before so I could not grasp the true nature of what was going on.

Then I got to see the "watered down" version of it later in the week. Let's just say it was not pretty.

For several minutes I tried the Love and Logic way and it was getting no where. Then I jumped into "Old School" parenting. It sounded something like this.

This crying a squawcking because you are leaving Nanna's is a bunch of crap. You sit down in that seat with your seatbelt on and I better not hear a sound from you until we get home is that understood Caroline McKenna Huffman? (Tracey is just looking straight ahead as she is driving down the street.)

Yes daddy..

You make a peep and I will give you something to cry about!

Does any of this sound familiar to you as you were growing up?

So somem times you gotta kick it OLD SCHOOL....word..or snap...or whatever

No comments: