Friday, November 28, 2008

What Was With The Half-Time Shows??

So yesterday was football intensive to say the least. The games turned out to be blowouts but usually you get some good halftime entertainment. That was until yesterday. I will say this.... the kids that performed had some talent but I spent most of the half time trying to figure out who these people were. I have at least HEARD of the Jonas Borthers but have not heard any of their music. They were off yesterday as far as I was concerned. To give them a benefit I will say that they tried to sing LIVE to piped in music. This caused some delays. The lead singer though....his style....it sounds like he is about to cry after each lyric. Each lyric ended in a...MMMMyyyyuhhh or a mmmmmmmmmmhuhhh..... Oh the pain that 19 year old has seen.....I could FFFFEEEEEEELLLLL ITTTTT

At both half times yesterday we had about 15 people pay attention for ABOUT 2 minutes. Then we put the TV on MUTE and went on about our business of visiting.

Looking at the crowd at Texas Stadium on TV they did the same thing.

The local sports radio station here said that there was MASSIVE CHECK OUT during the first 5 minutes of half-time. He said it looked like they were having an emergency evacuation drill.

I think there was talent there in my honest opinion but I think the NFL needs to relook at their AUDIENCE and think a bit about what they throw out there for entertainment. 40 year old guys don't GET the Jona's Brothers.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Fortunately my 7 year old hasn't caught on to the Jonas Bros.