Saturday, November 15, 2008

Change Is Good!

Well it was finally announced this week that I would be stepping aside as principal of my campus and be moving into curriculum and instruction. This is a HUGE move for me in many ways. Mainly, this position PROVIDES a FRACTION of the stress and time commitment of principal. This week I will be working on the transition with the new principal and start after Thanksgiving in my new role. My family is so excited and so am I I will have new funny stories dealing with teachers.In my new role one of my responsibilities will be meeting with teachers across the district and working with them on how to improve certain areas of instruction. I also get to report to all of the campus principals who are my friends. Tracey is excited in that my hours are WAAAYYYY shorter. Unless I am getting ready for a presentation the norm seems to be gettting out of work about 4-4:30 every day with no late night meetings. And perhaps the best part. My last day is June 30th and I don't report back until JULY 27th. During that time I don't do squat!!!! As an administrator you are always working though your vacation. Not ANY MORE MY FRIEND!!!

I am so excited.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Awesome, I'm excited for you. Maybe now you'll get the rest you need and recover to the max.