Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Adjusting To My New Position

As the title says I am adjusting to my new position. Right now I am not doing anything exciting and I won't go into detail because some of you would probably laugh at me and say BORING! as a local radio show does here. But I actually like it. It is not what I would want to do every day but it is something that needs to be fixed and I am helping fix it for the district. Once that is done I will be moving on to other items that deal with working with Principals and teachers.

Right now I am adjusting to ...

1. Not having an office- I don't have a place right now that I call home. I guess I am homeless. I just call in to my boss each morning and tell her where I will be and she says...OKAY...

2. Not having HUGE responsibility- When I was a teacher I WAS RESPONSIBLE for those kids. As an ADMINISTRATOR - I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SCHOOL. In this position I am a facilitator. Which means I get to share my knowledge but there is no student score or school score that says...you are doing your job. I have accountability but I am adjusting to the fact that my accountability is shared with other people and multiple campuses. So it is a big responsibility but then again for the first time in 14 years I am not the one in the hot seat.

3. No one really keeps track of me.- By that I mean I am the master of my schedule for the most part. Unless I am sent to training I go where I need to go. Nothing really gets in the way of that. No mad parents or kids. This is not a bad thing I am just adjusting to it.

4. I am liking looking at the district view now. It is yet another mindset. The mindset as teacher is different from campus principal....now my view is widened again as a district curriculum facilitator.

No comments: