Friday, July 17, 2009

TV of My Youth

A friend of mine recently posted about the shows of her youth. I am dating myself but I remember sitting down and watching Happy Days and Threes Company...NEW EPISODES of Happy Days and Threes Company.

I am not sure when but at some point I pretty much dropped off when it comes to TV watching. By that I mean the "I CAN'T MISS THIS" television. I think if I had to guess when this happened I would say it was around year 3 of the Soprano's. Now that I think about it I would say that is the last time I remember being on LOCK DOWN for a show.

Oh I have tried but nothing really seems to stick. I get suckered into Dancing With The Stars but even that fizzled on me this past season.

This got me to thinking of TV Shows of my youth and the ones that I either RARELY missed or DID NOT MISS.

Friday Night-
Dukes of Hazzard- 7:00 on CBS
Dallas 8:00 CBS
Listen here! You could not PRY me away from the Duke Boys and J.R. on Friday nights. First I got to see Daisy Duke (those shorts and me being a preteen boy..WOW) and the ROSCOOOO PPEE COLETRAIN followed by the ruthless J.R.

Saturday Night-
SOLID GOLD 6:00 on CBS- Good stuff. Loved the music and the ladies were always HOT.
Sometimes I missed this show because it conflicted with dinner time. No TV durring dinner at my house except Sunday Night....I will explain.

HEHAW-7:00-8:00 CBS- This I hardly ever missed. Looking back on it now and seeing it on You Tube it was incredibly simplistic but we LOVED IT!!! Usually watched this as a family.

Love Boat- 8:00-9:00- NEVER MISSED THIS! This goes into the same category as the DUKES and J. R. It was always neat to see which star was going to try to restart their career by getting on the LOVE BOAT. Charo did it so many times hell you thought she was a member of the crew.

Fantasy Island-9:00-10:00- I gotta be honest. This show freaked me out sometimes and I had to bail on it for fear of having nightmares. But I tried to watch it every week.

What are some of the shows of your youth that you did NOT MISS?

1 comment:

Leon said...

M*A*S*H Used to fake being asleep and watch it with mom and dad, later on followed by Alice. A few years later it would be Johnny Carson on Fridays.