Monday, July 13, 2009

In A Transition

Well I have more thoughts of randomness. I kind of like the format. I get to touch on many topics over a period of time. Oh I still like to blog about my families funny moments or one specific topic but I am going to see about doing a weekly “Random Thoughts.” I will think up of a cute name or maybe I will leave it Random Thoughts.
So here we go.
It has been a tough month for celebrities. We have 3 people in the entertainment world and 2 athletes that have passed in what 6 weeks? Only one of those died of natural causes. The other varied and seemed to get crazier. First, we have natural causes. Second, we have anal cancer…side note can we please have another name for this disease? Third, we graduate to what appears to be a system shutdown due to the amount of pills someone was taking. Fourth, we have a crazy girlfriend who lost it. Fifth, we have a crazy marriage situation and the wife lost it. This leads me into another realm of thoughts.
The two retired athletes. Let’s just stop calling McNair a hero for crying out loud. I am sure the man did some good things while he was on this earth. I saw a great clip of him throwing a football to some kids at a football camp. Good…that’s ALL I have seen. The media seem to gloss over that here is a man that has two kids out of wedlock, two kids with his wife, he is not divorced, and the person who shot him was his 20 year old mistress whom he was having an affair. Something his wife supposedly knew nothing about. I am not sure I totally believe that but time will tell.
Aurturo Gatti- Supposedly killed by his 23 year old wife. Details are still coming out on this one.
My question is what are two guys who are in their late 30’s doing with 20-23 year olds? I hear the argument about age and these guys can get any woman. But why would you want to? What is the saying two birds of a feather flock together? I might have just butchered that saying. Hey don’t get me wrong. If I run across a beautiful woman I notice it. When I was younger and single I went out with a lot of girls. I even had the opportunity (if I wanted) to pursue someone who was 9 years older than me but was a beautiful woman. I chose NOT to go there. Why? Because we were looking for two different things. After the physical attraction you have to have something to sustain the relationship or it is doomed.
Michael Jackson- This is getting more and more like Elvis every day. Now I am reading where the family is looking at burying Jackson at Never Land Ranch. It’s the Graceland of the West. I know Mr. Jackson was a bit different but it’s just sad how his personal life was so messed up. His music was the music of my youth and I had forgotten so many of his songs. The sadness is going to continue as the weeks go by and results of his autopsy come to light. The family chose to have a private autopsy done. Great! Why with the amount of wealth they have did they chose 1-800-WE-AUTOPSY? Seems they could have done better.
Moving ON
I have really enjoyed the time off from work and spending time with Tracey and the kids. We have had a lot of fun over the past 7 days. I have a week left and I am looking forward to one last little road trip with Tracey and then I am going to ease back into work….meaning do some work from home.
Tracey and I are heading to Austin for an evening with the kids and then she and I are going to Fredericksburge . We visited here years ago and have been trying to get back there. We are capping the trip with a dinner date with a friend of mine. We are staying at the Driskill Hotel in Austin. We are very excited.
I thank my lucky stars that I am here above ground every day. Having said that when you are someone who is in remission of cancer there are times you feel like a lab rat. I went to my doctors appointment the other day they had a medical student with them. This happens from time to time. As they are looking me over and doing their thing the medical student is just writing as fast as they can as they struggle to keep up with the doctor and look at what he or she wants to show them.
“As you can see here on Mr. JDHTEACH blah blah blah.”
Another common one is this…..
“Now this is considered a mild form of this condition”
Well great…. Right when I was ready to complain about something I am told it is mild. Now I am a big wheeny if I complain and trust me…..this stuff is not mild.
It has been so hot outside our dogs go out for ONLY the emergencies. I have noticed that they pretty much just lay still wherever we are and don’t move. They lay wherever it is cool. Hardwood floors…tile.
104 degrees in the shade….bbbblllloooowwwwwsssss people. I am just sayin’
Hey….what if that is the name for this randomness…… I AM JUST SAYIN’

1 comment:

Leon said...

randomness=outoftheblueness