Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sweet Tea and A Thought On Music....More Randomness

I have become quite an expert on where to go while you are out for sweet tea.
If you are looking for REALLY SWEET TEA here is my list of sweetness . Number one will be the sweetest…ready?
1. QT- Almost like you are drinking honey water. I have to be really in the mood for some sweet tea to get this. But the price is GREAT- 49 cents for 32 ounces. Beware..the ice melts quickly.
2. Racetrack- A notch down on the sweetness factor. Still very good. Price is good as well.
3. Sonic- Their sweet tea is probably my favorite. It is the most expensive even during happy hour but their tea is perfect for me. Sweet but not too sweet.
Another option you might look at is the flavored teas that all of these establishments offer. You have to be careful in that you know what you like. I am the kind of person that enjoys a flavored tea but it needs to be just a pinch of flavor. Almost like the flavor is an after taste. Many flavored teas feel they need to have so much flavor that I feel like I am sticking a straw IN the mango and sucking it dry. YUCK!
I discovered at QT this week the greatness of a yummy TEA and IT IS ON TAP!!! Sugar Free and NO Calories
It is a PEACH WHITE TEA. It is a light yellowish green color. Sure it looks like you are carrying a 44 oz urine sample to the counter but who cares…you know it’s TEA.

A THOUGHT I HAD ON CLASSIC ROCK
I was listening to some music this morning on the way to work and on came some HENDRIX – Hey Joe!
This got me to thinking. Hendrix, Zepplin , The Who, Pink FLoyd…. All of these bands or artist have a HUGE body of work. Why do the radio stations pick 5 of their songs to play and that is it? I mean I like the song Hey Joe and Stairway To Heaven but they DO HAVE OTHER SONGS! Especially Led Zepplin. Those songs are so long you gotta make a time commitment to listen to them.

1 comment:

MJP & SJP said...

The problem with Radio now is that the stations are just cogs in a big corporate wheel. There are only 2 or 3 companies in the country that own virtually all the stations, and have pretty much set playlists that they have to go by.

That being said, in my car I'm either listening to The Ticket, or having my ipod provide the music. In Shanna's car we have the satellite radio, and I will say it's pretty darn cool, and the variety of music is huge.