Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Random Thoughts in a Random Sort of Presentation

Random Thoughts of Randomness
- I have a friend who is a bit bummed by the fact that he did not get at least a consideration for a job prospect. I need to email him and tell him why that is NOT such a bad thing.
- I have another close friend that just bought his FIRST HOME- CONGRATS!
- Then this friend finds out his company is being sold- CRAP
- He finds this out AFTER he went to his boss to make sure everything was okay job security wise before he made this jump. He was assured everything was fine.
- I know I should not but I worry for my closest friend. He and his wife are the salt of the earth and they deserve EVERYTHING to happen for them. They have worked through major life issues to get to this point so his boss better not screw him over.
- It is times like this I am glad I am in the school business. They can’t shut down a school district.
- Can they shut down a school district? The answer is NO ……right? Crap
- Very good feedback from my Physically Handicapped Blog earlier this week. No one seems to be middle of the road on that topic. People lean heavily one side or the other.
- People seem to miss my main point on the PH blog…my main question was IF you are getting HC parking shouldn’t you be doing everything you can to HELP your situation? Not…look at that perfectly healthy person taking up a parking space.
- Pretty sure none of the people I mentioned getting HC parking for being WAY OBESE.
- Also pretty sure carrying an extra 200-300 POUNDS is not helping their physical condition.
- Is it possible to get a temporary HC parking permit. I would have loved to have had one of those during treatment.
- I am pretty sure that even though my school district is small we probably have the BEST financial superintendant in the state. HE IS AWESOME.
- Sometimes getting money from him was a challenge and you needed to be ready to hear NO. BUT our district continues to get OUTSTANDING ratings from the state on our records.
- We may not get the biggest raises every year BUT when the money is there my district has always poured that money back to people….and built a HUGE athletic complex but the rest came to us and hey…we NEEDED a new football field. Ya’ll the other one was OLD and TINY.
- I am glad to hear about the successes of other peoples kids.
- I just don’t need to hear about it EVERY………. SINGLE …………….FREAKING …………….DAY!
- I especially don’t need to hear about it when that is the ONLY thing we hear about. What about the siblings? What are they doing that is exiting? Do you realize that you are pushing the other kid off to the side of the road?
- My kids are good at multiple things. And I do brag but I don’t feel the need to tell everyone EVERY………………. SINGLE ………………FREAKING……………………… DAY!
- My son received a badge at Boy Scout Camp for Archery and Rifle Shooting. We got to keep the target. The boy did good….REAL GOOD…Like if he is aiming at it it is not a question of IF he is going to hit it but WHERE is he going to hit it.
- Two Bulls Eye’s on the targets. One in Archery and one in Rifle Shooting.
- My son also excels in Golf
- My son also excels in Football
- My son also excels in Basketball
- Are you tired of hearing about my son yet?
- Imagine getting an update EVERY…………………… SINGLE……………….. FREAKING ……………….DAY
- I need to make a bumper sticker that reads….My son can hit your honor student in the ASS or head with an arrow or a BEE BEE from 15 yards.
- How would you like that beat down? Ass with and arrow…ass with a BEE BEE or Head and BEE BEE or HEAD an Arrow…you take your pick.
- Good idea but probably too wordy for a bumper sticker.
- But wait….what about one of those digital rolling screens….I could create one of those to post in my back window….$$$$$$$$
- Tracey is finding out how addicting Farm Town is. I got home from work early and after a little peck on the cheek she said…good…I need you to go harvest my grapes so I can plant some more!
- Now multiple people in my family are doing Farm Town on Face Book. They too are getting addicted.
- Two more days until some extended vacation time….Life is good.
- I have a work friend whose husband is in the hospital with Acute Miloyd Leukemia. He is having a pretty rough go of it so far. But he is older and has other health issues as well.
- I am glad I have to deal with this Leukemia stuff NOW instead of when I am older.
- Looking forward to some time with the family in Corpus
- I think the construction crew working by my office is pretty funny.
- Some days are perfect and there is NO construction crew in sight.
- Yesterday it was raining like you would not believe and they were out there working like crazy.
- Some jobs of the construction crew seem pretty sweet- minus you dealing with the elements.
- Why is it on a construction crew ONE guy is digging like hell while 5 yes FIVE are standing their watching him. Did they draw straws to see who got to sit and who got to dig?
- My cabbage in Farm Town will be ready harvest in Farm Town this evening…can you say CHA-CHING!! Yeah I told you I was hooked.
- Our oldest dog Lilly- Weenie Dog…Got her for Tracey for Mothers Day the year we got married…she is enjoying her senior years. Can’t believe she is 12. At the moment she has not one physical problem but we know that can change ANY day. It is funny how she RULES the roost with the other two dogs. Maggie, our 2 year old HUGE puppy, lets Lilly do WHATEVER she wants.
- It is going to be a hard day for Tracey and I whenever we lose Lilly. She was our first “child” and has been with us through two child births and has laid by me on the bed through TWO bouts of cancer.
- We lost Susy 6 years this July 27. Suzy was with me for a few months prior to me meeting Tracey.
- Suzy was perfectly fine and one day she woke up and was in the process of having congestive heart failure.
- 48 hours later she was gone.
- July 27 is still a sad day for me and it has been six years.
- We have a little shrine to Suzy in our house. It is a cedar box. Inside the box is a baggy with her ashes. On top of the box is a picture of Suzy. Hanging around the picture is her collar.
- The neighbors on one side of me are very nice people. They are older but one of their sons lives with them and he helps take care of everything.
- Found out about 6 months ago the wife has throat cancer. Wife is declining treatment because it is a slow moving cancer and she will like die of something else. ????? Maybe if you are in your 80’s but this lady is not that old.
- Found out yesterday the husband is in STAGE ONE of Alzheimer’s
- This news saddened me greatly. If we see him trying to drive himself anywhere we are supposed to stop him. :>{
- How is that for Random Thoughts of Randomness?

No comments: