Friday, April 3, 2009

Are You Talking To Me?

Last night Tracey and I went up to our local elementary school to enroll our daughter in kindergarten for next year. Overall I would say it went by very smoothyly. I was a little disappointed in what they had planned. I had hoped there would be some type of assessment of her skills while we filled out paperwork. I have seen other districts do this and it is very informative. Instead she just colored over at another table. Which I guess is fine. She was happy.

The funny thing had to be when we were in line. They had us going through this door and they had nothing holding the door open so as you progressed through the line everyone took a turn holding the door. As I moved through the door I moved over to the side as people were coming through the door. So our line turned into a group of people just standing around. As we got back into our line this lady looks at me and in an annoyed tone says..Do you MIND (emphasis on this word) if I get my spot back in line??

I look around like is this lady talking to me? When it was obviouse she was talking to me I said...BUT OF COURSE and moved so she could get in line. She was obviously upset.

She then looked back at her husband who was holding the door and she yelled at him to get off the door and get over here! The husband just looked at her and said...I am just trying to help. She said nothing.

Tracey said mam the counselor asked him to hold the door. The woman turned around and said, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT?

I just looked at Tracey and said...is she talking to you? The lady turned around AGAIN and said..YES!

Just to piss her off I just giggled to where she knew I thought she was an idiot.

Poor sad mean lady.

4 comments:

Shari B said...

Seems like this "lady", and I use the term loosely, needs to attend kindergarten herself to learn how to play nice with others!

Unknown said...

I feel sorry for the husband........

JDHTEACH said...

Shari- Yeah she could use some "coping" skills. I think she was frustrated with the whole "line" thing but you can bet she probably wont be a room mom with Tracey.

Me- That is EXACTLY what I said to Tracey in line.

MJP & SJP said...

Boy, I hope the kid doesn't take after the mom.