Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Do I Need A Shrink?

Last night we were winding down for the evening. Tracey and I were lying in bed talking. We were discussing how I was doing. For quite some time now I have been having problems with my feet and hands. I won’t go into a lot of detail but I will say both can be extremely painful. Add to this about a week ago I started having some vision problems. I see pretty clearly but it is like I am looking through fog at all times. I mentioned that I wish God would give me some relief in one area. You know…if you are going to mess with my vision then let my feet be pain free.
I have good days and bad days. Some days I function pretty well. Then again some days it is all I can do to make through my work day. When I get home I make it to my recliner and prop my feet up and there I am.
I mentioned to Tracey that I try to stay upbeat but sometimes I get a little depressed at my physical condition. She then asked me if I considered going to a counselor. Well no why would I need to do that? …. Was my thought. Because you have changed was her answer.
WOW…WOW….WOW….What do you mean I have changed?
DO I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THIS?
This led into about a 45 minute conversation of some deep soul searching. As our conversation ended and Tracey fell asleep I sat there and stared at the ceiling for about a hour. You know when everyone is asleep and you are alone with your thoughts it is amazing how much self therapy you can cover in such a short amount of time. While there are areas that I have handled very well there are areas that I have let slip as a father, a husband, a partner, and a friend.
This blog entry is my witness. From this time forward I am going to be better.

Thanks Sweety for everything.

1 comment:

MJP & SJP said...

Heck, I think all of us just in going through the normal rigors of everyday life could benefit from talking to an unbiased 3rd party every now and then. What you've been through the last few years don't even come close to falling into the everyday rigors category, so maybe it would give you a different perspective on things.