Monday, November 2, 2009

Coaching Interviews Are Useless

I have just about had it with coaching interviews. Why? because you get no information out of them. You either get Mack Brown version of interviews. In these interviews you hear how it's going to be a heck of a game and TEXAS is going to have to be at their best to beat this team. Then Texas goes out and beats the team 68-10.....

What happened to this was going to a ball game? Do you honestly think a team like this stood a chance against you? I mean really..call it what it is....in college you have no PRESEASON games so you schedule these lambs for slaughter so that you know what you have when you start conference games. In the mean time these schools gladly accept the game because you pay them more in that one game (say 500,000) then they can make in 5 years with their home schedule.

Then you get the coach of the Dallas Cowboys- Who is the MASTER OF SAYING A LOT AND NOTHING AT THE SAME TIME! Honest the man never answers a question. And what is worse is the media knows this and still asks the same questions. I think the media needs to revolt and agree one day to all have the same list of questions. And keep asking the same question until you get an answer. Reporter One- Why do you think Marion Barber had a hard time running the ball today when other running backs where successful and how much does his injury play into his performance? Coach answers in his traditional way of talking for five minutes and saying nothing. Reporter Two- Um yes since you really did not answer that question and it was a good question I have the same question. Repeat the process until you get something out of him. Beat him into submission.

I like Mike Leacdes interviews..say what you want about him but he does not believe in protecting players ego's. His FAT GIRLFRIENDS interview was awesome!!! He holds people accountable and if they suck he tells the whole world they sucked.

I would be this way. For fun I am going to do a little experiment that you might think is stupid but I want to put myself in that position. Am I going to go out and get a coaching job? Ummmm NO!!

I am going to Use NCAA FOOTBALL 10 and I am going to take on the team as their coach and play through a season. I am going to do a post on this blog and it will read like a pregame or post game conference and I am going to answer the questions as I wished the coaches would answer it should be kind of funny to read about. I goal is to go through an entire season. We shall see what happens.

No comments: