Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hit the BENCH!!

Where is time going? Did we not just say HAPPY NEW YEAR!?!?!? Now we are staring down the barrel of Valentine’s Day.
Work has been going okay I guess. I have started working on the realignment of the Science TEKS that go into effect next year with our Scope and Sequence…..easy everyone…….I know that is exciting stuff.
Just to cover my bases for next year I did get my resume together and got my application in to two larger school districts that are around my home. If I do get a job at either place CHA CHING!!!
I realize I am going to sound REAL bad here BUT….I am tired of hearing about Haiti. There….I said it. It’s out there. I feel horrible for feeling that way but come on! Does it have to lead off every news cast? Yesterday afternoon I flipped through 4 networks in about an hour’s time of watching TV. One network did not say something about Haiti….guesses? That would be the FOOD NETWORK.
Jack has been testing it a bit lately….The boy just turned 9….with luck he will live to see 10. Seriously though it is starting to bleed into other areas. Last night at BB practice he just decided to ignore what I was telling him to do and do what he wanted to do. PROBLEM!! I am the coach. So I called time called his name and pointed to the bench. Well we were scrimmaging and Tracey was in there with the boys and I was on the outside perimeter barking orders. Well Jack sat there for a couple of minutes and then he got up to stand by me. I asked him what he was doing and his response was…”I am ready to go back in now.” I told him I thought that was nice but that it was not about HIM it was about the team. As long as he was going to ignore me and do what he wanted to do I could not put HIM in the game. I told him I would rather have a less talented team that LISTENED than a talented individual who blew me off. So you see Jack…It does not matter what YOU are ready for…..have seat on the bench.
OH THAT WAS PAINFUL FOR HIM…..

1 comment:

Leon said...

"looking down the barrel of VD"? I actually look forward to another excuse to buy my wife something nice that sits in a drawer most of the year.