Friday, January 8, 2010

Are We Too Accessible?

I think we as a society have become accustomed to someone we know being too accessible. I am guilty of it and I hate it. You call someone at home and they are not there. You leave a message. You then try to reach them on their cell phone. They don’t pick up. You leave message there too. Then you think….where the heck are they?
I think I get a bit miffed when I am on the other side of this argument as well. I hate it when I call my dad and he says…I have been trying to reach you but you don’t pick up your home phone or your cell.
Unlike my dad I don’t carry my cell phone EVERYWHERE! I have called him on his cell only to find out he is sitting in his recliner.
I think it is stupid to be in your home with your cell phone on sitting right beside you….yet I am guilty.
Yesterday I was laying in bed reading and I had the land line and my cell phone sitting right by me….guilty
I think if you call me on my cell or at the house and I don’t pick it up leave a message. I will return the call.
I think if you call and don’t leave a message don’t expect a call back.
Over the Christmas break I broke free from my cell phone so to speak. Rarely had it with me or had it on period. It was very nice.
AND TO THINK I REMEMBER WHEN THERE WAS NO ANSWERING SERVICE. IF THE PERSON DID NOT PICK UP IT JUST RANG AND RANG!!!!

No comments: