Saturday, May 29, 2010

Prince of Persia Movie Review by HuffJackie

Tonight my mom surprised me by taking me to dinner and the movie, "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time". I was really excited and had to choose between doing that or playing in the sprinklers with my friends. I chose the movie. My sister had been asked at the last minute to sleep over with a friend of hers, so my mom surprised me with the outing. We came up with the review on the way home from the movie.

I really liked the movie. It was kind of slow at first, but my mom told me it was a video game first so I was glad they gave us some information. There was a lot of action, which I liked. There were also these bad guys that were nasty mean, but like most good movies they got what they deserved in the end. My mom thought there was one scene that would be really scary for me (she saw it with my aunt yesterday)but it wasn't really that bad because I knew it wasn't real. People (mainly adults) laughed at the ostrich races, and I think there was some meaning that I didn't get because I'm only 9. But that part of the movie was funny to watch. People rode the ostriches like horses, so that was funny to watch.

There were only a few places where my mom had to help me understand what was going on but it was because I couldn't hear what they said. It was a pretty easy movie to follow. I was really glad they did more than one time travel scene because that made the end easier to understand. I'm glad the main, really mean guy got what he deserved in the end. I was surprised it was him, but I kinda thought it would be somebody you didn't expect and boy I didn't expect him.

I'm giving the movie 2 thumbs up because of the action in the story and the sword fighting. It is also good because it is easy to follow. My mom asked if I should give it a letter grade based on my two thumbs up and I said I'd give it an A-. She asked why the A- and I said because the main guy and the main girl kissed once. It would have been a B if they'd kissed more than once. They almost kissed two times before the actual fake, movie kiss but some more action happened which was good.

No comments: